Pumpkin Spice Muffins
We know it's not really pumpkin, but who wants a 'squash muffin'? (Both butternut squash and pumpkin belong to the winter squash family). Here's a healthy way to start your morning or satisfy a mid-afternoon snack urge.
1 1/4 cups
1 1/2 cup
whole wheat flour
, (or all-purpose)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tray with extra-large paper cups, or lightly oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and brown sugar. Whisk in each egg separately. Add ginger, squash and raisins and stir to combine well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour flour mixture into squash mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Fill each cup to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in baking tray, then transfer individually to rack.