This article has not been rated yet.
What would Halloween be without pumpkins? What would pumpkins be without Halloween? This is one good cookie.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter , or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin , or homemade purée
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon and mix well. In a large bowl or food processor, cream the butter and sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Alternately add pumpkin and dry ingredients to the butter mixture, stirring well after each addition, until all ingredients are incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto prepared baking sheet, spreading slightly into a pumpkin shape. Add a small spoonful of dough for the stem. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until firm and lightly browned. Cool on a rack.
- Decorate pumpkin cookies with icing, raisins, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.