This article has not been rated yet.
A variation on an old favourite, these treats are easy to make and fun to eat. They even have longevity potential if you want to pop a couple in your Valentine's lunchbox!
- 2 cups red fruit punch , or any naturally red fruit juice
- 4 28-g pkgs unflavoured gelatin
- Pour 1 cup of the fruit punch into a medium bowl and sprinkle the gelatin evenly over the surface. Allow it to soften.
- Heat the second cup of fruit punch almost to boiling. Remove from heat and add to the gelatin mixture, stirring until the gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear. Pour into a lightly oiled 8-in. square pan and refrigerate until set, about an hour.
- When the pink wiggly mixture has solidified, run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen, then turn it over onto a cutting board. (If it doesn’t fall right out, run the knife under the edges again, until it lets go.)
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut lots of wiggly hearts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Although pink wigglies should be stored in the refrigerator, they can survive quite nicely in a lunch box for several hours.