Pina Colada Double-Dip
This article has not been rated yet.
2 1/2 cups
Feeling bad about all the junk you've fed your little sleepover guests? Here: serve this delectable dip with a plate of sliced fresh fruit and get over that nutritional guilt complex.
- 1 cup cream cheese , (regular or light)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple , drained
- 1 cup shredded coconut , or chopped nuts
- fresh fruit , chunks or slices (apples, pears, bananas, grapes, strawberries)
- In a food processor or in a bowl with an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and the brown sugar until smooth. Add the crushed pineapple and mix just until combined – if you’re using a food processor, it should remain chunky, so don’t purée it. Scoop dip into a bowl.
- Have the shredded coconut or nuts in another small bowl.
- Now, arrange the fresh fruit on a platter and place the bowls of dip and coconut in the middle. Let each kid dip a piece of fruit first into the cream cheese dip, then into the coconut (or nuts). See? It’s a double-dip!