Peanut Butter Mice
These mice don't eat the cookies in your pantry, they don't chew the wiring in the attic, and they don't scare Grandma.
graham cracker crumbs
- In a food processor, or in a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add the graham cracker crumbs and beat until combined.
- Take about a tsp of the peanut butter mixture and roll it to form a small, football-shaped, mouse body.
- Place on a cookie sheet, and repeat with the rest of the peanut-butter mixture. Refrigerate for about 30 min.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small saucepan set over another small saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, stirring until smooth.
- Put a mouse body on a toothpick and dip it into the melted white chocolate, letting the excess drip off. Set it onto a wax paper-lined tray, carefully removing the toothpick.
- While the chocolate is still soft, add 2 peanut halves for ears, 2 coloured sprinkles for eyes, and 1 for a nose. Poke a long coconut curl into the other end as a tail.
- Repeat until all the mice are dipped and decorated. Put in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden completely before packing into boxes or baskets for gifting.