Originally published in the Today’s Parent March 2016 issue. Photo by Roberto Caruso.
No-Bake Brownie BitesBy Chatelaine
Keep little hands busy with these super easy brownie bites.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp flaxseed , (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- Whirl pecans in a food process–or until finely chopped (but not ground). Scrape into a shallow dish and set aside.
- Combine dates with water and flaxseeds in food processor. Whirl until it starts to form a paste, about 20 sec. Whirl in cocoa powder and salt until combined. Add ground almonds and pulse until a dough forms.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl. Roll 1 tbsp portions into balls, then coat with chopped pecans.
Nutrition (per bite)
- 2 g,
- 9 g,
- 5 g,
- 2 g,
- 15 mg.