Recipe by Madame Labrinski and excerpted from Fuel Your Day! 100+ Seriously Addictive Energy Cookies, Bites, Bars and More. Published by Appetite by Random House, a division of Penguin Random House Canada Limited, 2019. Photo by Jean-Francois Frenette and Brigette Theriault. Translated by Marie Asselin.
Multiseed and peanut barsBy Today's Parent
This article has not been rated yet.
10 energy bars
Say goodbye to store-bought chewy bars, and enjoy this easy-to-make recipe packed with seeds, nuts and yummy Reese's pieces.
- 1/2 cup date puree
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts , chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 Reese's pieces , (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients from the
- Gradually mix in the ingredients from the blue
section until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or with a silicone mat—otherwise, everything will stick.
- Using a spoon, spread the mixture onto the baking sheet. Don’t be afraid to firmly press it down onto the baking sheet so the bars hold together.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. OMG! It smells so good!
- Let cool before slicing into bars or whichever fun shape you want.