Mint chocolate truffles
These mint chocolate truffles are easy to make, and are a perfect holiday gift or post-dinner treat.
- 338 g semi-sweet chocolate , chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 tbsp unsateld butter , cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup 35% cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to simmer. Place chocolate, butter and cream in a bowl sitting on top of the saucepan, but not touching the water. Do not cover. Stir until chocolate has melted, 2 to 3 min. Remove from heat. Stir in peppermint and pour into a shallow bowl. Cool. Cover and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Place waxed paper on a baking sheet. Dip a melon baller in warm water and quickly scrape it across the top of the truffle mixture to form a rough 1-in. ball. Place on lined baking sheet. Repeat. Sprinkle truffles with crushed candy cane bits.
- Refrigerate, layered between waxed paper in airtight container, for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 9 g,