Maria's Easy Famous One Cup Cookies
3 to 3 servings
Maria's Easy Famous One Cup Cookies (Maria Hutchison, Abbotsford, BC) Now we know why these are famous. They deserve to be. These cookies are big, soft and filled with every sort of good thing possible.
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine , softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins , (or dried cranberries - or a mixture of both)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips , (or mini M&Ms)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the brown sugar, sugar and margarine. Add the eggs, peanut butter and vanilla – beat until well mixed. Sprinkle in flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder and beat until combined. Add coconut, raisins and walnuts, then the chocolate chips, beating at low speed until evenly mixed into batter.
- Drop by large heaping spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and still very soft. (Resist the temptation to bake these to total doneness – they will firm up enough as they cool.) Let sit for at least 5 minutes before removing from sheets to a cooling rack.