Maple Cranberry Muffins
This article has not been rated yet.
6 to 6 servings
Of course, you can use raisins or fresh blueberries in these muffins if you prefer. But dried cranberries (sold as "Craisins") are wonderful.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and dried cranberries. If your child is helping you, make sure you have extra dried cranberries on hand because sometimes they disappear. Mysteriously.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together the egg, yogurt, maple syrup and vegetable oil.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir it only until it’s all moistened. Resist the temptation to overbeat the batter – a few lumps are OK. Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling them almost to the top. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned on top.