Mango Coconut Chicken Skewers
This article has not been rated yet.
Definitely the sign of a party - skewers with dip! The combination of mango and coconut is irresistible. Look for mango chutney in the Indian or imported food section of the supermarket. If curry isn't a favourite with everyone, you can do half with and half without. It's a good idea to provide a decorative bucket or basket for the used skewers (place one in to show what it's for).
, (about 4)
, or powder
- Soak about 24 8 in. (20 cm) bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into – in. (1 cm) thick slices. Thread onto skewers. In large shallow dish, combine chutney, lime juice and curry paste. Place skewers in dish, spreading to coat with chutney mixture. (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day).
- Spread coconut in a separate shallow dish. Lightly roll chicken in coconut, shaking off excess. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, leaving at least – in. (1 cm) between chicken pieces. Discard any excess chutney mixture and coconut.
- Lightly cover exposed skewer handles with a strip of foil to shield. Broil chicken skewers for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, or until coconut is toasted and chicken is no longer pink inside. Place on a platter and serve with dip.
- Yogurt Dip: In a small dish, stir together yogurt and chutney. Cover and refrigerate until serving, for up to one day. Bring just to room temperature before serving.