Lunch Box Survival Bars
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit , cut into 1/4-in. bits
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease an 8 in (20 cm) square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until light. Add the flour and the wheat germ and beat just until combined. Stir in the mixed dried fruit, dates, chocolate chips and coconut. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges and a toothpick poked into the middle of the pan comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into bars with a serrated knife.