Little Bites Snack Mix
This article has not been rated yet.
16 to 16 servings
You control the sodium with this mix. Be sure to use garlic and onion powder, not garlic or onion salt, which contain you-know-what. Soy nuts make this snack schoolyard- and daycare-friendly where no-nut policies are in place.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups wheat square cereal , (a.k.a. Shreddies)
- 2 cups toasted oat cereal , (a.k.a. Cheerios)
- 2 cups low-sodium pretzels , (such as Snyder's of Hanover)
- 1 cup Goldfish , (Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts , or unsalted soy nuts
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, paprika and salt.
- In a large roasting pan, combine wheat square cereal, toasted oat cereal, pretzels, Goldfish and peanuts or soy nuts. Drizzle with oil mixture and mix well. Bake for 1 hour, turning contents every 15 minutes to prevent heavy browning.