Italian White Bean Dip
About 1 1/2 cups
An Italian twist on hummus, this white bean dip is great with raw veggies or pita crisps.
- 1 540-mL can white kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- In a blender or food processor, combine the beans, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Blend until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Serve with Italian bread sticks, veggie dippers or pita crisps.