Originally published on Chatelaine, this recipe has a triple-tested guarantee from the Chatelaine Kitchen.
- 1 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup canned black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 eggs
- 4 soft corn or flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium- high. Add 1 tsp oil, then garlic and cumin. Stir constantly until fragrant, 1 min. Add beans and water. Continue cooking until beans are soft and most of liquid is absorbed, 6 to 7 min. Stir in lime juice. Lightly mash with a potato masher.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium. Add remaining 2 tsp oil, then crack eggs into pan. Cook, covered, until eggs are just set but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 min.
- Place a tortilla on a plate. Top with beans, then egg and feta.
Tip: Dress up our huevos rancheros with pico de gallo salsa and fiery red sauce.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g,
- 23 g,
- 13 g,
- 24 g,
- 562 mg.