Honey Garlic Meatballs
This article has not been rated yet.
This is the perfect dish for kids who are suspicious of, you know, bits in their food. These meatballs are completely devoid of mysterious vegetable chunks or shreds of who-knows-what. They're also fast and delicious.
- 6 garlic cloves , squished or finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water , divided
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 500 g frozen prepared meatballs , (or homemade)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, combine the squished garlic, ½ cup (125 mL) of the water, the ketchup, honey and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then add the meatballs (frozen or thawed – it doesn’t matter). Lower the heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Now stir the cornstarch into the remaining ¼ cup(50 mL) water and add to the meatballs and sauce.
- Stir, cover the pot and let cook for another 15 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Serve over plain steamed rice or couscous.