Ham and Macaroni Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
No fancy-doo French pasta salad is this. What we have here is a good old-fashioned macaroni salad, made with perfectly recognizable chunks of stuff any child can love. Leave the arugula to the grown-ups - this one's for you, kid.
- 2 cups cooked macaroni , (1 cup uncooked macaroni)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham , cut into 1/4-in. cubes
- 1 cup cubed cheddar , (1/4- in. cubes)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 dill pickle , chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise , (regular or low fat)
- 1 tbsp mustard , (Dijon, if you have it)
- black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the macaroni, ham, cheese, celery and pickle. Stir in the mayonnaise and mustard until everything is evenly coated and creamy. Keep chilled until serving time.