Grilled Zucchini Pizza
This recipe serves 4 as a snack; double it to serve for dinner.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- pinch salt
- black pepper
- 1 zucchini , (about 8 in. long)
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 9-in. ready-made pizza crust , (or fresh pizza dough)
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta , or goat cheese (or substitute 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut off and discard stem end of zucchini. Slice on the diagonal into ¼ in (6 mm) thick ovals. Brush both sides lightly with olive oil mixture. Heat grill pan or frying pan to medium high (or outdoor barbecue on low flame). Cook zucchini slices about 2 minutes per side until they just begin to soften and release moisture. Set aside.
- Place pre-made pizza crust or pressed-out dough on baking sheet, and spread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and arrange grilled zucchini to cover. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden. Slice and serve.