Grilled Corn Salsa
This article has not been rated yet.
This grilled corn salsa is flavourful, colourful and easy to make.
- 4 large ears corn
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes , finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro , (or more, if you like it)
- 1 jalapeno pepper , seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin , (optional)
- Grill the corn, allowing cobs to brown a bit after removing the husks. Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels off the cobs. There should be almost 3 cups (750 mL). Transfer to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and cumin.
- Stir to mix, then cover and chill for about half an hour before serving.
- Great with tortilla chips, but this salsa is also a delicious accompaniment to grilled chicken or burgers.