Grilled Chicken Taco Salad
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
This salad is definitely worth planning ahead for. It combines everything we love in a taco - a little spiciness, a little creaminess and a whole lot of crunch.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper , (to taste)
- 4 grilled boneless chicken breasts , cut into strips
- 8 cups chopped lettuce , (leaf, romaine or iceberg)
- 2 oranges , peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 540-mL can red kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado , pitted, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup salsa , (any kind)
- 1/2 cup sour cream , (regular or low fat)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss about half of this dressing with the chicken strips and reserve the rest.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, onion and kidney beans. Add the remaining dressing mixture and toss well to coat everything evenly. Divide the salad among 4 serving plates. Top each with some of the chicken strips, some diced avocado, a spoonful of salsa, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese. Surround salad with tortilla chips and serve immediately.