Grilled Chicken and Veggie Quesadillas
This article has not been rated yet.
You can use any kind of leftover chicken to make these extremely munch-worthy quesadillas.
- 1/2 medium onion , chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn kernels , (frozen or cut from a cooked cob)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves , (or coarsely chopped grown-up leaves)
- 1 cup salsa , (any kind)
- 8 10-in. large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack , or cheddar
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium.
- In a large skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 min, or just until beginning to soften. Add the corn kernels and cook, stirring, for just a minute or two. Stir in the chicken, spinach leaves and salsa, and continue to cook until the spinach is wilted and everything is heated through.
- Place 4 of the tortillas on a platter or tray. Spoon one-quarter of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla, spreading it out in an even layer to within ½ in (1 cm) of the edges. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese and cover with the remaining 4 tortillas, pressing down lightly so that it sticks (it won’t really stick until it’s been cooked, though).
- Grill the quesadillas on the preheated barbecue, flipping them over several times with a couple of broad flippers so the cheese melts and the tortillas become crisp without burning – a total of 4 to 6 min. (The exact timing will depend on your individual barbecue grill, so just keep an eye on them.) Cut into wedges with a pizza wheel and serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if desired, for dipping.