Green Beans Amandine
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Degree of difficulty: easy
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 500 g fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- grated lemon zest , from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place sliced almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until toasted. Set aside.
- Trim beans and rinse. Cook in a pot of boiling, salted water for 1-2 minutes if your gang likes crunchy beans, or 3-4 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain.
- In a frying pan, melt butter. Add almonds, beans, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
- In a serving: 87 calories, 2 g protein, 7 g fat, 6 g carbs, 3 g dietary fibre, 22 mcg folate, 1 mg iron