Greek Salad Wraps
These delicious veggie wraps can be prepared a few hours ahead of time and wrapped in plastic for tidy transport. You can add diced cooked chicken or tuna to the filling if you like, but we think they're perfect just the way they are.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 seedless cucumber , cut into 1/4-in. dice
- 1/2 medium red sweet pepper , cut into 1/4-in. dice
- 1/4 cup brine-cured black olives , pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion , (optional)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 4 10-in. large flour tortillas
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the romaine, feta cheese, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, olives and red onion. Sprinkle with the oregano and toss again just to mix.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread with a thin layer of mayonnaise and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place one quarter of the Greek salad mixture in the middle of the tortilla, fold in the top and bottom, then roll tightly to enclose the filling. Wrap with plastic wrap. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Refrigerate wraps until ready to serve. Or pack into a cooler (with an ice pack) and transport to your picnic spot. Cut each wrap in half crosswise to serve—easier for little hands to hold and eat.