Ginger caramel popcorn
* PLUS Cooking time: 5 minutes, Baking time: 20 minutes
, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use an air popper to pop corn kernels into a large bowl. Discard any unpopped kernels.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 min or until it reaches 255F on a candy thermometer. Whisk in ginger, vanilla and baking soda; the mixture will foam and look creamy.
- Working quickly and carefully (hot caramel can give you a nasty burn), pour caramel over popcorn. Add candied ginger and stir to coat popcorn.
- Scrape onto prepared baking sheet. Bake caramel corn for 20 min, stirring after 10 min to redistribute caramel, or until caramel coats popcorn and is bubbling slightly.
- Let cool on baking sheet and transfer to an airtight container.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 45 g,
- 8 g,
- 1 g,
- 102 mg.