This article has not been rated yet.
Want to feel — and look — like a top chef? Serve "Pan-seared Steak" (search our Recipe File) with a homemade sauce. It's literally as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- 1/4 cup wine , broth, water or a combination of any of the three
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives , minced fresh herbs, green onions and shallots; or 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers, grainy mustard and lemon juice
- Remove cooked meat from the pan you cooked it in. Take the pan off the stove and add wine, broth, water or a combination of any of the three.
- Flavour by throwing in one of the following: olives, herbs, onions and shallots; or capers, mustard and lemon juice.
- Cook a few minutes until slightly thickened; stir in butter and serve beside or over meat.