Frankenstein's Brain Cookies
This article has not been rated yet.
Direct from the deepest, darkest Transylvania, here is zombie food at its best. And you don't even need a laboratory.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixer bowl or food processor, combine butter with sugar and beat until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour and beat until well mixed. (If mixture seems too dry when all of the flour has been added, stir in a little more milk, one tablespoon at a time, until it is easy to handle but sticks together in a ball.)
- Take a small ball of dough and, by hand, press it through the holes of a colander into a bowl or plate, forming a mound of stringy bits. (If you happen to have a potato ricer, this works even better.) Then, very gently, gather about a tablespoon of stringy dough and form brainy shapes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 375F for about 8 min, until edges are light brown.
Don’t wait for the tops of the cookies to look done, or they’ll burn.