This article has not been rated yet.
16 to 16 servings
For little sharks who are trying to, you know, break the fish habit.
- 1 300-g pkg extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg , beaten
- Cut the block of tofu into fingers – about ½ in. (1 cm) thick and 3 in. (8 cm) long. More or less.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Measure flour into another small bowl. Have egg ready in a third bowl.
- Now, get your little sharks to toss the tofu fingers first in the flour, then dip each one into the beaten egg, and roll in the bread crumb mixture. Place breaded fingers on a well-greased cookie sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp and browned, turning them over halfway through.
- Serve Fishless Sticks with whatever dipping sauces you like.