Faster granola bar
Make this fast and easy granola bar at home, and feel better about avoiding the snack aisle at the grocery store. Recipe by Lianne Phillipson Webb
- 1 cup flake cereal , corn or Nature's Path Millet Rice Flakes
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried fruit , (raisins, chopped dates, apricots)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds , pumpkin or sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut butter , or unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Mix cereal flakes, rolled oats, dried fruit, seeds and almonds in a bowl.
- Gently heat brown rice syrup, coconut and almond butters in a large saucepan until melted and smooth. Add dry ingredients to saucepan and quickly stir well to coat. Press into an 8-in. (2 L) square pan.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour and cut into squares. Store at room temperature.