Fabulous Carrot Loaf
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 12 servings
Spread it with cream cheese or eat a slice plain with a glass of milk. This yummy loaf is similar to carrot cake in flavour, but much lower in fat and higher in fibre.
- 1 cup shredded carrots , (about 1 large carrot)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup well-drained crushed pineapple
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 5-inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded carrots, brown sugar, yogurt, crushed pineapple, eggs and oil. With a fork or whisk, mix the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the carrot mixture, mixing just until evenly combined.
- Turn batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick poked into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.