This article has not been rated yet.
To make these chocolate covered strawberries for an elegant Valentine's Day treat, you only need three ingredients.
- 250 g semi-sweet chocolate , (8 oz)
- 250 g white chocolate , (8 oz)
- 1 quart strawberries , rinsed and allowed to dry on paper towel
- Break the two types of chocolate into pieces and melt them separately in small saucepans set on the stove, over hot (but not boiling) water, stirring until completely smooth. Be careful not to get any water in either of the chocolates.
- Holding a strawberry by the stem (or the green part, anyway, if there’s no stem), dip it into one of the chocolates (your choice) almost — but not quite all the way — to the top, then place it on a waxed-paper lined cookie sheet until the first layer of chocolate is set. Repeat until you run out of either chocolate or strawberries.
- Now, dip each strawberry into the other chocolate, leaving a bit of the under-layer showing at the top. You could do white first, then semi-sweet, or the other way around. It really doesn’t matter. The important thing, however, is to let the first layer solidify before you dip the second time.
- Place all the double-dipped strawberries onto the waxed-paper lined cookie sheet and chill to serve.