Dippity-doo Fruit Kebobs
This article has not been rated yet.
You can buy 12 in. (30 cm) bamboo skewers and cut them in half with scissors to make these kid-friendly kebabs. A blunt end will still work when threading the fruit. In fact, you may want to blunt any remaining points before serving to small children.
- 1 cup strawberries , hulled and halved
- 1 cup pineapple chunks , (about the size of an eraser)
- 1 cup mango chunks , (about the size of an eraser)
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Take a 6 in. (15 cm) long skewer and thread with 2 pieces each of strawberry, pineapple and mango. Repeat with remaining 5 skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, granola and coconut.
- TIP: Try any fruit with these: Melon cubes, kiwi, apples, pears, grapes, even mandarin sections work! One skewer is a serving of fruit for kids 6 and up.