Daringly Different Dippers
This article has not been rated yet.
There's more to dip than just potato chips and carrot sticks. Go ahead and get crazy with some daringly different dippers. pita crisps (recipe below) wonton crisps (recipe below) tortilla crisps (recipe below) graham crackers pretzel sticks or rods Italian bread sticks (crisp ones, seasoned or plain)
- pita bread , (with pocket)
- olive oil
- wonton wrappers
- flour tortillas
- cinnamon sugar
- Pita Crisps: Separate the two layers of a pocket pita bread (any size, any kind) and cut into wedges with a sharp knife. Brush very lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, if desired. Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Wonton Crisps: Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick baking spray. Arrange wonton wrappers in a single layer on the prepared pan, then spray the wrappers lightly with non-stick spray as well. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 6 to 9 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and crisp.
- Tortilla Crisps: Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick baking spray. Cut flour tortilla into wedges and arrange them in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Variation: For Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Crisps, brush tortilla wedges lightly with water before baking and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.