This article has not been rated yet.
5 to 5 servings
Here's a granola loaded with healthy fats that you can feel good about serving. You'll find flaxseed sold in most bulk or health food stores. For maximum nutrition, it must be ground - a coffee grinder will do the trick.
- 3 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins , chopped dried apricots or dates (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, wheat germ, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small pot, heat the honey, oil, water and vanilla over medium heat, whisking and cooking just enough to combine it well, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle half of the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the remaining half and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange the granola over 2 baking sheets in an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Add raisins. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.