Crunchy Granola Bars
This article has not been rated yet.
Here's a nut-free, high-fibre bar that tastes healthy (not decadent) and can be packed for school.
, (old-fashioned or quick cooking, not instant)
Kellogg's All-Bran Bran Buds
reduced-sugar strawberry or raspberry
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine granola, oats, bran buds and egg whites.
- Heat corn syrup, jam and margarine in a small pot at medium and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and combine well with whisk.
- Pour corn syrup mixture into granola mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon into an oiled 9 in. (23 cm) square pan and flatten evenly with a spatula or potato masher.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely. Slice into slender 4½ x 1¼ in. (11 x 3 cm) bars.