Reprinted with permission from COOK WITH AMBER © 2018, by Amber Kelley, Running Press Kids.
Creepy apple bitesBy Today's Parent
4 big apple "bites"
Spooky and delicious! Who said Halloween has to be about junk food? These healthy bites are fun to assemble and look amazing.
- 1/2 large apple , cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 all-natural fruit roll-up
- small handful slivered almonds
- Spread 11/2 teaspoons of peanut butter on one side of each apple slice.
- Cut about a 21/2-inch/6.5 cm strip of the fruit roll-up, and then cut one end round so it’s shaped like a tongue. Drape it over one apple slice.
- Stab slivered almonds into the outer edge of the apple to create teeth.
- Place the apple slice without the fruit roll-up over the other to complete this tasty, spooky snack.