This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Sorry - George named them and it stuck. They taste a lot better than they look. Feel free to spice them up with jalapenos and chopped cilantro.
- 1 540-mL can pinto beans , kidney beans or black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa , (any kind you like)
- 1 tsp Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- cayenne pepper , to taste (or not at all)
- 1/3 cup sour cream , (regular or low fat)
- 6 10-in. flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- Lightly grease one or two cookie sheets. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a blender or food processor, combine the beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin and any additional seasoning (if desired). Blend until nearly smooth – a few lumps are fine. Add the sour cream and blend briefly just until mixed.
- With scissors, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Arrange them on the cookie sheets. On each wedge, put a heaping teaspoon of the bean mixture and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are getting crisp. Let cool for a minute before eating.