Cowboy Chicken and Corn Wraps
3 to 4 servings
This is a perfect dinner to serve when you're home on the range—with no time to spare.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 1 medium green or red sweet pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , squished
- 2 or 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , (about 340 g), cut into thin slices
- 1 cup corn kernels , cut from fresh cobs or frozen
- 1/2 cup diced canned (or fresh) tomato
- 1 tsp Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 2 tbsp cilantro or parsley , chopped
- 10-in. flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the vegetable oil in a large skillet (non-stick, if possible). Add the onion, sliced pepper and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until softened—about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil to the skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add the sliced chicken and cook, stirring, until the chicken is lightly browned—about 3 or 4 minutes. Dump in the corn, tomato, chili powder and cumin and continue to cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring until most of the liquid from the tomato has evaporated.
- Now return the onion mixture to the pan and cook until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas (and optional extra stuff) for wrapping.