Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise , (regular or low fat)
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack , or cheddar
- 1/4 cup salsa , (any kind)
- 1 cup corn kernels , (cut from the cob or defrosted frozen)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 4 10-in. tortillas
- In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, shredded cheese and salsa. Working with one tortilla at a time, spread one quarter of the mixture onto half of one side. Sprinkle with a quarter of the corn, beans and onions. Fold the tortilla in half, and press together so that it sticks. (If it doesn’t stick very well, don’t worry – it will once the cheese melts.) Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Heat a large, ungreased frying pan or griddle on medium-high. Place one filled tortilla on the pan and cook, checking the underside from time to time, until lightly browned on the bottom. Turn over and cook the other side until the filling is melted and gooey and the tortilla is golden brown. Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Let cool for a minute or two, then cut into wedges and serve.