Confetti Pepper Salsa with Homemade Tortilla Chips
36 to 36 servings
Sweet peppers make the perfect base for this colourful salsa. Chop peppers small so you can easily scoop it up.
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet peppers , about 2 small, preferably a mix of colours
- 1 small plum tomato , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, stir peppers and tomato with oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Let stand, allowing flavours to blend. If made ahead, salsa will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 day.
- Arrange racks at top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 400ºF (200ºC). Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Generously brush or spray with oil. Set on 2 baking sheets; sprinkle with salt. Bake until lightly golden around edges, 5-7 minutes (switch bottom- and top-rack sheets halfway through baking).
- Let cool before serving with salsa.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,