This article has not been rated yet.
1 to 1 servings
Your favourite coffeecake flavours make a guest appearance in these marvellous little muffins. Who says you don't need dessert with breakfast?
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans , or walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
- First make the topping. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, chopped nuts and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a whisk or an electric mixer beat together the granulated sugar, oil and eggs until smooth. Beat in the yogurt and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add flour mixture to the egg mixture, beating just until combined – don’t over-beat.
- Into each muffin cup, spoon one heaping tablespoon of batter. Over this, sprinkle about 1 tsp (5 mL) of topping mixture. Now spoon the remaining batter over the topping layer, and sprinkle the muffins with the rest of the topping mixture, dividing everything evenly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.