3 Dozen Cookies
Make the festive seasons even sweeter with this recipe for coconut snowballs.
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tbsp block cream cheese , softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp block cream cheese , softened
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk flour with sugar and salt. Using an electric mixer, add butter about 1/4 cup at a time until a pebbly mixture forms. Add the 2 tbsp cream cheese and vanilla. Beat until mixture comes together, 1 to 2 min.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough and roll between your hands to make 1 1/4-in. balls. Place on the sheets at least 1 in. apart. Bake until slightly firm on top and lightly golden underneath, 12 to 14 min. (Don’t overbake or they’ll be hard.) Cool completely.
- While they cool, whisk the 1 tbsp cream cheese with lemon juice (don’t worry if it’s slightly lumpy). Slowly whisk in sifted icing sugar to make a runny glaze. Add a few more drops lemon juice, if necessary. Spread coconut in a layer on a plate. Swirl each cookie in the glaze so the top is covered; let excess drip off. Press each cookie into the coconut. Allow to set for 15 min. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 14 g,
- 7 g,