Cinnamon-Glazed Fruit Skewers
These cinnamon-glazed fruit skewers are a perfect, practically no-work dessert for a barbecue dinner. Serve with or without ice cream. And if you have a little one who doesn't want her fruit grilled (Ewww, Mom - it's warm!), this is just as good plain too.
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 fresh pineapple , peeled, cored and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 apples , cored and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 bananas , peeled and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 peaches , or mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-in. chunks
- Preheat the grill on the barbecue to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Thread the fruit onto the skewers, alternating them so there are chunks of every kind of fruit on each skewer. Brush the skewers with some of the butter mixture, then place them on the barbecue. Grill, turning to cook all sides and brushing with more of the butter mixture, until the fruit is glazed and heated through – about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve skewers plain or with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.