Chunky Pasta Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
- 2 cups raw rotini , or other large-ish pasta
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups mixed raw or cooked vegetables , cheese, ham, cooked chicken, salami, canned chickpeas or beans (whatever your child actually likes), diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp cider vinegar , or plain vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Cook the pasta until just done, but not soggy. Rinse, drain thoroughly, and dump into a bowl. Add the vegetable oil and toss to coat evenly. This helps keep the pasta from sticking together.
- Now add all the diced vegetables and whatever else you like. Try to keep the ingredients all about the same size as the pasta. If your young assistant can handle a knife, let her cut up the ingredients and add them to the bowl with the pasta. Toss everything together.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Toss the pasta with the dressing right before serving. On a hot day, use an oil and vinegar dressing (like Italian) instead, or put an ice pack into the lunch box.