This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
If George was forced to choose between a good steak and a pile of shrimp, well, he probably just could not do it. So, in honour of this very special day he gets both - no decisions required.
- 500 g large shrimps , shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Mexican chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper , (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- grated rind of 1 lime
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, cayenne, cilantro and lime rind. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 30 minutes (but no longer than one hour). Remove shrimp from marinade, draining it as thoroughly as possible.
- Adjust the oven rack so that it’s as close as possible to the broiler element in the oven. Turn the broiler on and let it preheat for about 5 minutes – on the highest setting. Arrange the drained shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet and broil, 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are sizzling, cooked through and beginning to brown. Remove shrimp from oven and serve hot, warm or even at room temperature as an appetizer with guacamole (for dipping).