Chickpea Salad Pockets
This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
- 1 540-mL can chickpeas , drained
- 2 tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup diced cheese , (Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, feta - whatever)
- 2 tbsp olive oil , or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar , or lemon juice
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- 2 or 3 6-in. pita breads , cut in half
- In a bowl, combine all the above ingredients, tossing to mix everything evenly. Spoon into pita pockets and eat.
- If your child wants to take this one to school, pack the filling in a separate container and have him stuff his own pita at lunchtime.