This article has not been rated yet.
This chickenless salad is a tasty vegetarian spin on chicken salad, using chickpeas instead.
- 1 540-mL can chickpeas , drained
- 1 stalk celery , chopped
- 1/4 cup pickle relish , or chopped pickle (any kind)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise , (or more, if desired)
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Lightly crush the chickpeas in a bowl with a fork or potato masher. You just want to break them up a bit so don’t mash them to a purée — leave plenty of texture.
- Add the chopped celery, pickle relish or pickle, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Mix well, then taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.