This article has not been rated yet.
4 to 4 servings
Finally - the perfect use for all those little ketchup packets you collect in your travels! Send a few along for dipping these delicious little meatballs. Or if your child prefers, pack a small container of spaghetti sauce, barbecue sauce or sweet and sour sauce instead.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs , (or 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano , crumbled
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder , (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork or clean bare hands until very well combined. Form into 1 in. (2 cm) meatballs, rolling them between your hands so they’re round and compact.
- Place meatballs in one layer on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, turning them over halfway through baking. Remove from oven and let cool, then refrigerate.
- Serve cold meatballs with a small container of sauce or ketchup for dipping. If your child likes shredded cheese, you can include a small baggie to mix with the sauce at lunchtime.