Chicken, Brown Rice and Black Bean Burritos
These Chicken, Brown Rice and Black Bean Burritos are a seriously delicious and speedy meal. Use whatever leftover chicken you have, and dinner's done in a flash.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , squished
- 1 1/2 tsp Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups leftover cooked brown rice
- 1 540-mL can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 leftover baked, grilled or roasted chicken breasts , shredded or chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- chopped green onions
- chopped avocado
- yogurt , or sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the onion in the vegetable oil over medium heat just until softened – about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, for another minute or two.
- Add the rice, black beans, chicken and chicken broth and continue to cook, tossing gently, until everything is heated through.
- Roll up mixture in warmed tortillas and garnish with toppings.