Cheddar and Thyme Coins
* PLUS Refrigeration Time: 60 minutes, Baking time: 12 minutes
Give a savoury spin to your cookie exchange this year with cheddar and thyme biscuit coins.
whole wheat flour
, cut into cubes
packed sharp orange
- Combine flours, salt, mustard powder and cayenne in a food processor and pulse to mix. Add butter and pulse until it looks like bread crumbs. Add cheese, egg yolk and thyme, and pulse until mixture begins to form into dough.
- Turn out into a bowl and knead gently to bring together.
- Roll into a log about 16 in. long and 1 in. in diameter. Wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice dough into ¼-in.-thick coins and place on baking sheets about 1 in. apart. Bake for 12 to 14 min or until cheese is golden. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 min or until fat from butter has reabsorbed.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 2 g,
- 2 g,