Cappuccino Chip Muffins
This article has not been rated yet.
8 to 8 servings
Warning: this is not a healthy, sensible breakfast choice. On the other hand, this killer muffin is an irresistibly delicious little treat - perfect with a tall glass of milk or an afternoon cup of coffee or tea. Go ahead, indulge. You'll be sensible again tomorrow.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder , (decaf is fine)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 10 compartments of a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, instant coffee, and cinnamon. (If your instant coffee is in big chunky crystals, crush it into a powder before adding so that it mixes more evenly.)
- In another bowl, beat together the milk, egg, and vegetable oil. Add to the flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Mix in the chocolate chips. Don’t overbeat – just mix everything together and leave it alone.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling the cups almost to the top. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the pan and let cool slightly before serving.